The kitchen is the heart and hub of every home but also where many of the dirtiest messes happen, especially with children. If you’re looking for helpful tips to make your kitchen shine, check out these eight tips from the cleaning pros at My Amazing Maid.
My Amazing Maid is located in Columbus, Georgia but serves many locations around the Chattahoochee Valley and beyond. We have years of professional home cleaning experience and want to help you manage a clean kitchen and home whether it’s in between your recurring house cleans or you’re checking out local cleaning companies in the area.
Keep Your Kitchen Clean With These Tips
With summer coming to an end and back-to-school ramping up we have some professional kitchen cleaning tips to help you around the house. Here are 8 tips for you!
- Clean As You Go – When making meals and snacks in your kitchen, try cleaning up the dishes and pots as you go. Instead of making a pile of dishes to not look forward to at the end of meal prep or in the evening.
- Start From Top To Bottom – Professional cleanings often use this method for home cleanings and it’s a great rule of thumb to practice in your kitchen too. Start by wiping down the tops of cabinets and surfaces, move to the bottom cabinets and oven/dishwasher, and save the floors and baseboards for the last step.
- Make A Plan – While every room in your house needs attention, the kitchen is a high-traffic area. Make a plan to clean a certain area in the kitchen each day to break down the work. Adding your children or other family members to the tasks may make the process go even easier.
- Try Baking Soda – If you struggle with messes and stains in your kitchen, but don’t want to use harsh chemicals around your pets and children then baking soda is a total lifesaver and non-toxic. It’s perfect for cleaning kitchen messes and grease from a range of surfaces including your stovetop, countertops, and even floors. Here is a quick recipe: Mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda per 1 cup of water. Keep in a spray bottle and can be used throughout your home, not just in the kitchen.
- Vinegar & Lemon Juice – Whether you are trying to cut back on the cost of expensive cleaning products or looking to switch to less harmful ingredients in your kitchen, vinegar and lemon juice are the dynamic duo of a clean kitchen. Add 1/2 a cup of vinegar with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and mix them with 1/2 cup of water – this mixture provides a nice fragrance, is cost-effective, and deep-cleans your kitchen like no other.
- Replace Your Sponges Often – The CDC recommends you replace your kitchen sponges every two weeks. This will cut down on grease and germs spreading throughout your kitchen and keep your family safe. If you are looking for cost-effective alternatives consider reusable sponges that can be thrown in with the laundry and sanitized for repeat use.
- Choose A Recurring Cleaning Plan – Whether you already have a scheduled house cleaning service or are considering professional cleaning for your home or business, a recurring weekly or monthly cleaning can add a sense of ease to your everyday life. Knowing that the cleaning pros are coming can also help you plan your weekly and monthly routine.
- Call My Amazing Maid! – Looking for a trusted and professional cleaning service can be stressful. My Amazing Maid is a part of your local community and our maid services have been trusted for years. Get an extra hand around the house to help with your home cleaning.
My Amazing Maid Trusted Maid Services
Choose My Amazing Maid because of our reputation for excellence. For more than 10 years, we’ve earned a name for quality and customer service. The homeowners we serve rely on us for detail-oriented, professional cleaning services, every single time we clean their homes.
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If you are not happy with any area we’ve cleaned, simply call within 24 hours and we will come back out and re-clean it free of charge. This makes hiring My Amazing Maid virtually risk-free.
Contact us today to schedule your next cleaning appointment!