Summertime is always busy with visitors, barbeques, and family events. Your house may suffer from the extra traffic and company. Additional guests and family can mean your home isn’t at its cleanest and may need some extra scrubbing.
Find out where the dirtiest places in your home. Discover how My Amazing Maid can help your home be at its best not only this summer but all year long!
5 of the Dirtiest Spots in Your Home
- Kitchen Sink – Your kitchen sees a lot! In most homes, it is the epicenter where everyone gathers, eats, and hangs out … but it is also one of the dirtiest spots in your home. The kitchen sink can have more bacteria and germs inside than a bathroom toilet handle, 70,000 times more actually. We take pride in providing your family and home with the best cleaning services in the Columbus, Ga area.
- Kitchen Sponge – Did you know you are supposed to clean the sponge you may use for cleaning dishes DAILY? According to a study by NSF International Household Germ Study, there are over 321,629,869 microorganisms living in every gram of your used dish sponge. Gross! Try switching to a dish towel that you can throw into the laundry daily after use and kill all the germs without buying costly sponges and causing more waste in landfills.
- Game Controller – Video game controllers can be an excellent spot for germs to reside. You can protect your family by cleaning them regularly and especially if someone in the home has been sick. Simply remove the batteries from the controller and wipe down with a mixture of water and rubbing alcohol, this will sanitize the controller and prevent the spread of germs.
- Pet Food Bowl – Did you know yeast and bacteria can live inside your pet’s food bowl? We suggest cleaning the bowls once a week, placing them in the dishwasher is an easy way to sanitize as well (check the manufacturer label to see if bowls are dishwasher safe before cleaning).
- Toothbrush Holder – Often the bathroom toilet is thought to be the dirtiest spot in the house, but your toothbrushes and their holder may be worse. Be sure to store your toothbrushes a safe distance away from the toilet to prevent fecal matter particles from spreading through the air. Cleaning your toothbrush holder is very important, try soaking in vinegar for an eco-friendly cleaner and family safe option.
Schedule Your Next Summer Home Cleaning
My Amazing Maid’s team of professional and highly-trained cleaners are here to provide your home and family the clean house you deserve. Contact us today to receive an instant and free estimate for your next home cleaning service in Columbus, Phenix City, Fort Benning or the surrounding areas.