We at My Amazing Maid cannot be at your house all the time. So we for those days we aren’t scheduled to appear, you can use these eco-friendly kitchen cleaning hacks. Insider approved and perfect to use in between your scheduled cleaning services.
To keep your house cleaner — and greener — at all times, check out these seven natural cleaning tips from the professional cleaning experts.
- Vinegar in Your Dishwasher – If you have hard water in your home, you are probably pretty frustrated with dirty-looking dishes that come out of your dishwasher with spots. You can put a dishwasher safe bowl right-side-up in your dishwasher and pour in some vinegar. Run the dishwasher — the vinegar will help combat that hard water so your dishes come out looking spotless. You can also add vinegar in the dishwasher rinse aid compartment.
- Set a Cleaning Timer – This tip can be a game-changer for you and your children. This cleaning tip is simple. You set a timer and work on cleaning your kitchen until the buzzer goes off. Maybe you finish the dishes early, but that gives you more time to finish another cleaning task. A timer is a great way to get your children involved in some simple cleaning tasks that are age-appropriate. You get a little helping hand and the kids have fun racing the timer to get the cleaning task complete.
- Cotton Ball in Your Trash Can – You’re not the only one with smelly garbage. It’s a fact of life. Here’s a tip you can use to make your trash bin a little less funky — or rather, smelly in a good way. Try taking a cotton ball, soaking it in essential oil, and place it in your trash bin underneath the bag. This is an easy and inexpensive odor-fighter that helps keep your trash from smelling to disturbing.
- Get Rid of Those Annoying Coffee Stains – Your coffee mugs have stubborn brown coffee stains? Check out the baking soda trick. All you have to do is sprinkle some onto the bottom of your stained cup, add just enough water to form a paste and scrub.
- Quit Those Sink Odors with Baking Soda and Lemon Juice – Just think of all the gross stuff that goes down your drain, it makes sense when it starts to stink. Try this cleaning hack by flushing your sink drain with hot water and baking soda, then finish it off with a cup of lemon juice water. The baking soda and lemon juice with cause a fizzy, chemical reaction and leave your sink smelling refreshed.
- Try a Potato to Clean Your Rusty Cast Iron – Did you know potatoes can clean rust?! You can use this trick on other rusty things, too. Cut the potato in half, dip the cut end in dish soap or baking soda, and rub it over the rusty pot or surface. Save your time and money with this vegetable cleaning tool.
- Clean Your Microwave with Lemons – You probably don’t want your morning oatmeal to smell like yesterday’s spaghetti leftovers. Here is how you can beat the stink! Use a 1/2 cup of water in a bowl or microwaveable safe dish, slice a lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the water, then drop the lemon halves into the bowl. Put the bowl in the microwave and run for three minutes. Let stand for five minutes. Warning: Do not open the microwave door before the five minutes waiting period, that’s where the magic happens. The steam trapped inside will help loosen food debris make your microwave smell lemony fresh. After you can wipe it down!
Green Cleaning Tips for Your Home
Check out this list of green cleaning kitchen tips in between your next home cleaning. We at My Amazing Maid in Columbus, Georgia care about the environment and keeping the products we use around your home safe for you and your family. To learn more about the products we use during our home cleanings click here. Schedule your next home cleaning service today!